Visa Cash/Gift Cards, Money Orders & Bonds
Question: What's almost like money but can't be obtained from our surcharge-free ATMs? Answer: Visa Gift Cards and CU Money Cash Cards, money orders, and U.S. Savings Bonds. Let us know if we can help you with any of these convenient options for spending and saving money.
So you need to buy a present for your mother-in-law in Munhall or your teenage niece in Trafford. But you have no idea what they like or want. Here's the solution: A Visa Gift Card they can use at the mall, the salon or online to purchase whatever their heart desires. (Visa CU Money Cash Cards are also available.)
Money orders are still are popular way to make payments, especially through the mail. They're safer than sending cash because only the listed recipient can use the money order. And some people feel safer sending money orders than personal checks because they don't contain credit union account numbers.
As for Savings Bonds, did you know the government stopped printing paper bonds a few years back? These patriotic investments are still available, but only in electronic form. At Parkview Community Federal Credit Union, we can help you redeem your old bonds and show you how to buy new ones.
- Visa CUMoney Cash Cards are a pre-paid (reloadable) debit cards that are safe and convenient and can be used for purchases or to obtain cash from an ATM. They can be obtained in dollar values ranging from $10 to $5,000 for $6.95 per card.
- Visa Gift Cards are available for $3 per card in denominations of $10 thru $500.
- Money orders are available for $1.50 each.
- Savings bonds can be redeemed at our main office location in McKeesport, PA.
- For information on buying new bonds, you can visit the U.S. Treasury Department website.