Yes, "pop" is the name Western Pennsylvanians give to colas and other fizzy drinks. But no, this has nothing to do with quenching your thirst. Instead, Popmoney is an innovative, easy way to make electronic payments to friends, family members and people you do business with.
Writing checks all the time can be a hassle. And putting cash in the mail is never a good idea. So how do you send a monetary gift to a family member or get the monthly rent to your landlord? That's easy. You use a personal payment service called Popmoney.
How does it work? Log into your Parkview Community FCU account and navigate to E-Bill Pay. From there, sending money is as easy as sending an email. Or if you prefer your smartphone to a PC, you can also use our mobile banking app and send money like sending a text.
The money you send goes straight to the bank account of the recipient. And here's the really good news: If YOU need money, you can receive it through Popmoney just as easily.
- Send money to your child at college
- Send a gift to family and friends
- Reimburse friends for that fun outing
- Pay your babysitter or your lawn care service
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates
- Sending money with Popmoney is safe and secure.
- Your account information is never shared with the recipient.
- The recipient sees only your first and last name, and the message you wrote for the payment.
- The sender also can't see the recipient’s account information.
- For more information, call 412-678-9564 to speak to a credit union representative.