Everyone everywhere is worried about privacy these days. We understand your concern. We do need to collect some personal information when you become a Parkview Community Federal Credit Unionmember. But we're very careful who we share it with. And we give you an opportunity to put some limits on how it is used.
It's important for you to know that we work very hard to protect your personal information from those who aren't supposed to have it. We do that by using strict security measures to safeguard our computer network, our buildings and your files. It's also important that you know there's an opt-out process that allows you to restrict the release of some of your information to companies not affiliated with PCFCU.
Information We Collect About You
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- Account balances and payment history
- Credit history and credit scores
How We Collect Information About You
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account
- Apply for a loan/credit card or pay on a loan/credit card
- Use your debit/credit card
- We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus
How We Use The Information We Collect About You
All credit unions need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons whether Parkview Community Federal Credit Union can share your personal information, and whether you can limit this sharing.
- For our everyday business purposes. Such as to process your transactions, maintain your account (s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus. Parkview Community Federal Credit Union does share your personal information for these purposes. You cannot limit this sharing.
- For our marketing purposes.To offer our products and services to you. Parkview Community Federal Credit Union does share your personal information for these purposes. You cannot limit this sharing.
- For joint marketing with other financial companies. Parkview Community Federal Credit Union has a formal agreement with some nonaffiliated financial companies that can market financial products or services to you. On occasion, Parkview Community Federal Credit Union may share your personal information with these types of companies. You can limit this sharing.
- For non-affiliates to market to you. Non-affiliates are financial or non-financial companies that are not related to Parkview Community Federal Credit Union by common ownership or control. Parkview Community Federal Credit Union does not have relationships with these types of companies so none of your information is shared with them.
- For affiliates’ everyday business and marketing purposes. Information about your transactions, experiences and creditworthiness. Affiliates are companies that are related by common ownership and control. Parkview Community Federal Credit Union does not have relationships with these types of companies so none of your information is shared with them.
How We Protect Your Information
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Your Rights Regarding The Sharing Of Your Information
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness.
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you.
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you.
How You Can Limit Our Sharing Your Information
To limit our sharing with nonaffiliated companies, you may opt-out as instructed below. Your opt-out will remain in effect indefinitely.
- Call 412-678-9564 and a credit union representative will help you.
Parkview Community FCU uses Google Analytics, a service that uses “cookies” to track anonymous information regarding your activities on our website. This includes information about your visit including your device type, traffic source and geographic area, as well as pages visited and links clicked. Some behavioral data may be provided by Google “cookies” that shows your gender and age range. This data is used to better understand how visitors access our website and provide a better overall user experience.
Google AdWords & Remarketing
Parkview Community FCU uses “cookies” to benefit our marketing campaigns. This includes tracking when campaigns result in a conversion, such as a user showing interest in a specific product. These “cookies” can also be used to present you with advertisements based on your actions on our website.
Parkview Community FCU uses the Facebook Pixel to track activity on our website potentially including pages visited and links clicked. This data is used to track the effectiveness of our Facebook posts and advertisements, as well as to build remarketing audiences based on actions taken on our website.
Parkview Community FCU takes your privacy seriously and ensures that no personally identifying information is stored in the “cookies."
We may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device's geolocation data. The information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device's location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transaction.
Parkview Community FCU Secure App (Last Updated: 04/28/2021)
Parkview Community FCU Secure App (the “App”)– powered by Fiserv – helps you control your credit and debit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
The App allows you to:
- turn your credit cards on and off;
- establish transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories and geographic locations;
- receive alerts when your credit card is used, approved or exceeds the transaction controls set by you;
- stay informed of potential fraud with alerts on attempted and declined transactions; and
- get real-time balances for your accounts.
The Types Of Information We Collect In The App
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
- We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our Services.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect your location information when you use the Services; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
How We Use Your Information Collected In The App
(a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
- identify you as a legitimate user in our system;
- provide improved administration of the Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
- send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(d) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, The App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
Links To Other Sites
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under "Contact Us" below. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
Safeguards And Retention
We implement reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A Note About Children
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 18, and we do not, through the App, intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to us through the App and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.