You're lucky to live in or near the Greater Pittsburgh area. Not just because we're consistently named as one of the most livable places in the country. But because the location of your hometown just might make you eligible to join PCFCU, a financial institution that focuses on people rather than profits.
If a bank is a business, a credit union is more like a club. You're not a customer, you're a member. Any extra earnings are returned to you in the form of higher savings rates and lower loan costs, rather than distributed to shareholders as profits. It's a concept that's been around since the 19th century, and today there are about 5,700 member-owned cooperative financial institutions in the U.S.
By law, credit unions must limit their membership. At Parkview Community Federal Credit Union, we're open to residents of about 80 cities, boroughs and townships in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties in Western Pennsylvania. You can also join if you live, work, or worship in one of those communities, or if you have a close family member who is a PCFCU member. (All members of Steamfitters Local 449 and Boilermakers Local 154 in Pittsburgh also are eligible.)
So if you qualify, how do you go about becoming a member? There are three convenient ways to join -- online, in person and through the mail. No matter which route you choose, we'll try to make the process as simple and as pleasant as possible.
All members of Steamfitters Local 449 and Boilermakers Local 154 in Pittsburgh can join Parkview Community Federal Credit Union. So can anyone who lives, worships or works in the following Allegheny County or Westmoreland County communities:
- Allegheny County Townships: Elizabeth; Forward; North Versailles; Penn Hills; South Versailles; Wilkins
- Allegheny County Cities: Clairton; Duquesne: McKeesport; Pittsburgh ( NOTE: Some areas of Pittsburgh do not fall under NCUA approved criteria - please call to confirm)
- Allegheny County Boroughs: Baldwin; Braddock; Braddock Hills; Brentwood; Castle Shannon; Chalfant; Churchill; Dormont; Dravosburg; East McKeesport; East Pittsburgh; Edgewood; Elizabeth; Etna; Forest Hills; Glassport; Green Tree; Homestead; Ingram; Jefferson Hills; Liberty; Lincoln; McKees Rocks; Monroeville; Mount Oliver; Munhall; North Braddock; Oakmont; Pitcairn; Pleasant Hills; Plum; Port Vue; Rankin; Swissvale; Turtle Creek; Verona; Versailles; Wall; West Elizabeth; West Homestead; West Mifflin; Whitaker; White Oak; Whitehall; Wilkinsburg; Wilmerding.
- Westmoreland County Townships: Hempfield; North Huntington; Penn Twp.; Salem; Sewickley
- Westmoreland County Cities: Greensburg, Jeannette
- Westmoreland County Boroughs: Adamsburg; Arona; Delmont; Export; Hunker; Irwin; Madison; Manor; Murrsyville; New Stanton; North Irwin; Penn; South Greensburg; Southwest Greensburg; Sutersville; Trafford; Youngwood.
Everyone related to a current PCFCU member by blood, adoption or marriage is eligible to join PCFCU, regardless of where they live. Once someone joins the credit union, they may remain a member for life, even if they move or change jobs or places of worship.
For those who meet the eligibility requirements, there are three convenient ways to establish membership with Parkview Community FCU.
- In Person: A credit union representative can help you open an account right in our credit union office. Please bring a valid driver’s license; a Social Security card; cash or a check for at least $10 payable to Parkview Community Federal Credit Union. (You'll need $35 if you are opening both a Share Account and a Checking Account.)
- By Mail: Complete this application and mail it or fax it to the credit union along with a photocopy of your driver’s license and Social Security card (or other official picture ID), plus proof of eligibility (see here for acceptable proof of identification). Enclose a check for at least $10 payable to Parkview Community Federal Credit Union. (Or $35 if you are opening both a Share Account and a Checking Account.) Mail everything to: New Accounts; Parkview Community Federal Credit Union; 2100 Eden Park Boulevard; McKeesport, PA 15132-7621. Or fax it to New Accounts at 412-678-9559. Please call 412-678-9564 should you have any questions regarding the application process.